Between the larger projects at school, I did some smaller scale stuff for myself that I haven't gotten around to blog about.
I planned to sell the peredhil gown, so I fixed it up a little before changing my mind. It's been on many an adventure and ended up looking a bit too shabby for me to send it off with a clear conscience. But there's lots of fabric in it, so it's waiting to be cut up and made into something else.
This cotton poplin was bought in Finland a few years ago. It laid around waiting for the perfect project, and I love how the skirt turned out. Lightweight, easy to sew and the skirt is perfect for spinning around in. Closes with a zip in the back.
I had an old leather suitcase that fell apart, so I made it into iron age shoes and three corset belts as pictured.
Most of the things I've made have been historically inspired, so I haven't worked a lot with more modern inventions such as fusible interlinings and batting. I tried out a few different interlinings with collars made from this pattern.
This underbust vest was a late Yule present for a friend. I made it in January, at school and my energetic go getter teacher was really impressed that I'd started making this year's presents a few weeks into the new year. I didn't have the heart to tell her.
This vest is old, but it's one of the things I haven't posted about because the fabric is impossible to photograph.
The rag quilt I started on last December is finished, just in time, because autumn rolled around a few days ago and it got cold really quick.
My first smokkr was sewn with side gores, a cut that doesn't fit my body type, so it's off to a new owner in Denmark.